Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The 14th Week, The Last Reflection

The whole blogging experience has made me a more exposed person in the world of technology especially in the www.blogspot.com where I share the moments of happiness and sadness as well as something educational which is closed to us as future teachers.
I personally like blogspot as it serves as a tool to make me express my ideas, feelings and thoughts. There are many times when I was very lost in the process of completing my assignments and I tend to throw everything out in blogs. How nice! It allows me not to show nor express my stress and tension. On top of that, through blogging, I can get to read other people's blogs and get to learn something new from people around the world. Teachers should know as many things as possible because they are to spread the knowledge to the future generations.
Well, I could not find a reason not to like blogging as it is something very useful to me. I believe I will continue blogging as it has become my weekly routine since July 2008.
Well, undoubtedly, I have gained more than expected from PBEY3102. Firstly, I have become more techno savvy. I am no longer the nerdy guy only knows how to use Microsoft Word solely for assignments. I learn more things such as software in education, video, photo, audio editing, E-book and so on and so forth. All these experiences have made me to become a better teacher as I have equipped myself with all these skills. Communition skills have also been improved whre I communicate with people via blog. In addition, language skills are improved as well because I tend to check on my grammar everytime when I post a blog. It makes me aware of the grammtical rules that I tend to make careless mistakes.
Well, I think this course has made me grow into a better person. I like this course because I have learnt most of the skills needed to be a teacher. Although I know there are more things to learn, I still think that I should learn more. Learning should not just stop here. Well, things which I do not like about this course? Perhaps the time allocation for each task really made me ( I do not know about the others) went crazy. I always tell meself that this is not an institution but a university and I forced myself to go further than I used to. Thank God, I still managed to complete evrything given on time. Hence, time managamenet was what I learnt from this. Isn't that a wonderful experience?
As mentioned, I have learnt a lot from PBEY3102. I learn to make videos, editing photos, audio, creating an E-book and other soft skills. As for now, I think I should improve myself from those basic skills that I have learnt throughout these 14 weeks. I learned many things that are unexpected such as soft skills like communication skill, time management, patience, leadership, cooperating with other group members.... All these are unexpected but learnt. Well, I have leanrt more than expected. So, I have no regrets of taking this course. It has widen my scope!
Changing this course? I don't see a reason to change the content of this course as this course makes us grow to be better person. This course is sufficient to equip future teachers with all the necessary skills needed in future teaching career.

1 comment:

Emilley said...

yeah, I agree that blogging is very useful as we can always fall back to our blog whenever we are lost :) by using blog too we could keep track of what we have done :) in fact, we can also share our views with others. Cheers to blogging!